Minutes may seem to go by slow or fast, but they are all sweet. Once they are they are gone. Come along with me on my adventure of mom, teacher, and wife.

Monday, October 25, 2010

Our Jack-o-lantern House


This is the second year we have made our house look like a jack-o-lantern. I got the idea from Family Fun Magazine.  Here it is on there website.  But we executed it differently.  We used the whole house instead of two windows.
I used orange and yellow plastic table clothes (you know the kind you find at the dollar store. Behind the orange I used brown paper.  You can use either craft paper or the paper that you use to wrap packages to ship them.  Another idea is using black trash bags.  Then we just taped it all together and then on the windows. It is not the prettiest looking inside.
But it is getting the job done.  We used both duck tape and scotch tape.  Last year I just used scotch tape.  Next year I'll think ahead and get some painters tape.
Here is what it looks like during the day.  Because of using the orange and yellow you can still see it during the day.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! (btw, this is Jessie, a friend of Pat's from HS :) I haven't seen you guys since your wedding!)

    ReplyDelete