Minutes may seem to go by slow or fast, but they are all sweet. Once they are they are gone. Come along with me on my adventure of mom, teacher, and wife.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

advent calendar

This season has already been different enough to get my schedule out of whack.  My dear brother and his sweet family has move from the Iowa to here to Georgia.  And most of my spare time has been in helping them move.  The other is finding deal for Christmas. Way tight budget this year.  I always loved advent calendars.  espeically the ones you one up and find a surprise.
So when I saw a post from my favorite coupon blogger, Jenny at Southern Savers about an advent calendar she did.  Here is the link to the project.
Now she has a hand machine that cuts it all out for her.  None of which I have... but I do have a computer and a printer and scissors. I have yet to finish cutting out my boxes.  So my project is yet to be finished.  I also found another Blogger who has done advent calender and has ready made stuff about Christmas from her advent calendar which I will copy from also. Her blog is shannonmakesstuff.blogspot.com and her is her final advent calendar. And her is a link this blog posting.

And then I have a dear friend from my MOPS group who came up with a wonderful advent calender and her pockets are full of wonderful biblical stuff (for lack of better words on less than a cup of coffee.)  I spent some time yesterday copying these down.  So I'm hoping that I can finish my project soon. So I can post the final project. I found a template to make a box.  Here is that template. And I'm still working out how to make the star. Hopefully I will be able to show you the final project soon and content of boxes.
Here are a couple more links of some advent calendar. http://impressyourkids.org/advent-calendars-beyond/
and http://www.icanteachmychild.com/2010/12/advent-boxes.html and http://confessionsofahomeschooler.blogspot.com/2010/11/advent-activities.html.  Would love to know if you have any other blogs that have advent ideas.




No comments:

Post a Comment