Minutes may seem to go by slow or fast, but they are all sweet. Once they are they are gone. Come along with me on my adventure of mom, teacher, and wife.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Bedtime and Morning Routines

Recently I ask on Facebook about age appropriate chores, and did you have any favorite resources. I have gotten a few comments and am still doing a bit more research.  I really do believe that chores are essential in a child's development and many others do to, but alias the only thing most people can agree on.  And I will say this parenting can be so different for each child and family situation.  So what I am about to post may or may not work for you and yours.
My son did real well with the Bedtime Routine Chart that I made him while in preschool.  I needed to tweak and add to it since he will be going to Kindergarten and add a Morning Routine Chart.  I laminated it with contact paper and hung it on his wall in his bedroom.  I hung it low so he could take a dry erase marker and check what finished.  Now he will just go to the list and make sure he has done everything.
The charts I just put together quickly in word and added their clip art.  Feel free to copy, adjust, and change wording.

No comments:

Post a Comment