Minutes may seem to go by slow or fast, but they are all sweet. Once they are they are gone. Come along with me on my adventure of mom, teacher, and wife.

Friday, June 11, 2010

Veggie Garden

There is nothing like bumping around in the dark and stubbing your toes.  That is what I am doing with a veggie "garden" this year.  All of this was started from my son wanting to plant some things.  I don't think our crops will have a high yield this year.
(warning tangent) But if your like me and are experimenting with growing your own produce.  Not a bad idea. I've read several blogs about cost analysis about growing your own veggie garden (none of which I can find now) and it gets cheaper the longer you do it. The first year you still save but the amount is minimal. But it is a great way to eat healthy. (now back to point)
Since this is my first year doing more than a tomato plant I have been well bumping around in the dark as to when (and some hows) of growing veggie.  Thanks to my Aunt Sandy, here is a Vegetable garden calender for Georgia. It was done by UGA. It is a pdf. so print and put with gardening stuff.  I might just input stuff on my google calender (geek alert). Happy Growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment