Minutes may seem to go by slow or fast, but they are all sweet. Once they are they are gone. Come along with me on my adventure of mom, teacher, and wife.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Yummy Strawberry Glaze

My favorite Aunt in Florida made this wonderful pork loin for us with a Guava Glaze. 
She took her recipe from a recipe from Bobby Flay.  Bobby's is Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Guava Glaze and Orange-Habanero Mojo.  But she does not do the Mojo or mint.  It is soooo good!

I in turn changed up this glaze to a Strawberry Glaze.

I will give you both recipes.

Guava Glaze
Heat grill to high. Brush pork with oil and season with salt, pepper, and cumin, to taste. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes. Turn the tenderloins over and brush with guava glaze and cook another 4 to 5 minutes, brushing with the glaze every few minutes. Remove from the grill, brush with more of the glaze and let rest for 10 minutes.
Guava Glaze:
1 cup guava marmalade
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons orange juice or water
Salt and freshly ground pepper

Strawberry Glaze
Use on chicken or pork.  I used mine on Chicken.
Rubbed chicken with salt, pepper and cumin to taste. brush on glaze.  grill. brush on glaze as you turn. 
(I'm not 100% on quantities here since I just added and mixed things together. Sorry)
1 cup strawberry jam (mine is homemade... see freezer jam recipe)
1 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon lime juice
pepper to taste
 

No comments:

Post a Comment