Minutes may seem to go by slow or fast, but they are all sweet. Once they are they are gone. Come along with me on my adventure of mom, teacher, and wife.

Friday, February 5, 2010

There is Perfect and then there is Perfect

1 John 4:18 NAS
There is no fear in love; but perfect love cast out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. 
Truth:  Perfectionism can cause fear. Perfect Love can cast out fear. 

Ok so I'm sort of a perfectionist.  The type that if it is not perfect I can't and/or won't do it.  So I procrastinate. But really this is fear not perfectionism.  It was quite mind blowing revelation.  Which I'm sure everyone else is saying duhhhh.  But it lead to me starting this blog, and that is why I'm posting this as my first devotional.
I know that God's love for me (and you) is perfect.  Ask God as I have done to cast out fear within.  Stop trying to make everything perfect.  It too often stalls the objective at hand and makes us miss the opportunities right in front of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment