Minutes may seem to go by slow or fast, but they are all sweet. Once they are they are gone. Come along with me on my adventure of mom, teacher, and wife.

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Yummy Pasta Recipe


If you are like me and shop with coupons... really shop with coupons you have stock piled on pasta. 
I found the following recipe on Mueller's website.  It is easy.  I'm going to write a bit different directions then they have on the website.  That way if you are in a rush like I was you won't be stirring forever like I was waiting for the sauce to thicken. Also this will feed an army.  I have soooo much left over.
Tax Day Tomato Bacon Rotini

Ingredients
6 ounces Rotini
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/4 cup all- purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 3/4 cup milk
1 1/2 cup grated cheese
8 slices of bacon, cooked adn crumbled
2 medium tomatoes, chopped (you can use some of those canned chopped tomatoes)

Directions
1. Cook Pasta according to package directions.  Drain, cover and set aside.
2. In a large saucepan, melt butter.  Stir in flour, salt and pepper.  Slowly blend in milk.  Cook stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly.
3.  Add in cheese, bacon, tomatoes and pasta; toss to coat.
4.  Heat through and serve immediately.


Time saving hint. While cooking pasta.  Microwave bacon and start sauce.
Below is a picture of my creation.  :) Have fun cooking!


No comments:

Post a Comment